Sunday, October 23, 2011

How to Update Arabic Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy S SL I9003 JPKP5 Firmware

This is a step by step guide on how to manually upgrade or update the Samsung Galaxy S SL I9003 to the latest Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Arabic firmware version released with build number I9003JPKP5. This ROM  has been reportedly an official released fro Arabic region users of  Galaxy SL I9003. This firmware were already been tested and works with better performance to the device.

Disclaimer: We are not responsible if you may bricked your phone by following this procedure, proceed at your own risk and take extra precautions. Remember this is a stock ROM, flashing this unto your Samsung galaxy S SL GT-I9003 needs extra precaution or you might end up bricking your phone, if you are not familiar in flashing by way of using Odin tool, do not attempt to try it unless you already done careful research and knows exactly what to do.

 Firmware details:
Build number: I9003JPKP5 - default Arabic language
Version: android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
BOOTLOADER: APBOOT_I9003JPKP5_CL482273_REV08_user_low_ship.tar .tar
PDA: CODE_I9003JPKP5_CL482273_REV08_user_low_ship.tar.t ar
CSC: I9003OJPKP6_CL491426_CSC.tar.tar
PHONE: MODEM_I9003JXKP3_REV_00_CL1040711.tar.tar

Download the following firmware files:

Samsund Galaxy S SL Arabic Firmware I9003JPKP5 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
via samfirmware.com link.password is  samfirmware.com

PIT File: latona_20110114
ODIN: Odin3 v1.82.exe


ODIN Flashing Procedure to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S SL I9003 to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread I9003JPKP5 Firmware.

Important: Do have a back up copy of all your important data stored from your Galaxy S SL before proceeding. Just use any back-up application you may have, for it will be all wipe out after this process.
Ensure that the battery is well charge, much better if it's full.
Use a good working PC and a cable wire to avoid any interruption issues.


1. Download and extract the XXKP9 2.3.4 Gingerbread
2. Run ODIN3 v1.83.exe
3. Click PIT button then select and load the file: latona_20110114.pit
     Ensure that the Re-partition, Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time are checked.
3) Turn off your device or remove the battery for a seconds and put it back again, then you need to hold down the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button) and then pressing the Power button. You will then see a downloading display like the image below.

Samsung galaxy S ODIN flashing 04 
Then connect the phone to PC. The ID:COM box will show you an indication if the device is already connected or detected on the PC.

5. Hit the "START" Button to begin flashing the PIT file.


ODIN flashing samsung galaxy S I9003 2.3.4 Gingerbread xxkp9
6. Once finish flashing the PIT file, on ODIN click the "RESET" button. (Re-Partition checkbox will automatically uncheck.)
7. Now load all the needed binary files on ODIN.

Click BOOTLOADER button and select this file: APBOOT_I9003JPKP5_CL482273_REV08_user_low_ship.tar

Click PDA button and select this file:
CODE_I9003JPKP5_CL482273_REV08_user_low_ship.tar

Click PHONE button and select this file:
MODEM_I9003JXKP3_REV_00_CL1040711.tar.tar

Click CSC button and select this file:
GT-I9003-CSC-I9003OJPKP6_CL491426_CSC.tar

Turn OFF the Samsung Galaxy I9003 or remove the battery and reinsert it back again. Then boot the phone into Download Mode again. (Volume Down+Home+Power button).
Hit "START" button to flash the Bootloader, PDA, Phone and CSC files.
Do not touch anything until it finishes, you will then see a word "PASS" on ODIN window when it successfully completes.

Once the flashing finishes remove your device Galaxy S SL I9003 from PC.You may then confirm and check your newly installed firmware through your About Phone Settings. Do a factory  reset to clear cache and have a newly fresh firmware update.
Don't hesitate to send us feedbacks or any further questions on our comment form below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment